What we did:The brief...
To make the most of this PR opportunity we decided to:
- Create engaging social media content this included social graphics before, during and after the show was aired.
- Due to BBC Guidelines we weren’t allowed to post that he was on the show until after it aired, but we could post teasers and clever hints.
- The social posts and graphics we created showed highlights of Joel from the previous episode, these were usually funny things he had said to increase engagement and views.
- Created content such as blogs for the Joel LaRosa Design website after the show to stay compliant with BBC guidelines.
- Created and Distributed press releases to regional press.
- Continue to regularly share on social media to remind and show people he was on The Best House in Town as a judge.
- We contacted local radio stations to get Joel featured on a show.
What we did:The solution...
The PR around this amazing opportunity allowed Joel LaRosa to be picked up by BBC Radio Leicester. Joel was invited for a live, on-air interview with Ben Jackson on his breakfast show to talk about the experience that was ‘The Best House in Town’. This also went on to get picked up by local publications such as Niche Magazine. As an interior specialist on the show this really helped to boost his reputation as an independent designer. This all resulted in a significant spike in his social media following and showed an increase in post engagements across social media and shared a general recognition for his business.
“Working with Mocha has been great for me and my business! The press activity with the radio interview was a brilliant experience and I really enjoyed being there. It allowed me to make the most of the opportunity after the show had aired – it’s something that I’ll remember. The team are always a pleasure to work with, I can’t wait to see what else the future holds.”